Come to the Table Conferences: People of Faith Relieving Hunger and Supporting Local Agriculture. These conferences include inspiring plenaries, topical breakout sessions, lunch, and a unique chance to meet partners engaged in local food systems and hunger relief work.
Friday, March 15, 2013
Southwestern Community College
Workshop topics will include:
• Food Insecurity: Why our Neighbors are Hungry and What You Can Do
• Supporting Farmers, Supporting Families: How Can Local Food Be Accessible?
• Theology of Food and Agriculture: How Faith Can Guide and Inspire Our Work
• Empowering Youth Through Food Ministries and Projects
• Building Support for Your Ministry or Non-Profit
• Health Ministries: How Congregations Can Help Nourish Body and Soul
• Farmworkers: Supporting Those Who Harvest our Food
• Community Gardening 101: Basics of a Successful Community Garden
• Community Organizing 101: Skills for Sustaining Projects in Your Congregation or Community
Registration is a sliding scale of $0-$15. Click here to learn more about online and paper registration.
Come to the Table is a project of the Rural Life Committee of the NC Council of Churches, coordinated by RAFI with support from the Duke Endowment.
Questions? Contact Sarah Gibson at email@example.com, Francesca Hyatt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sarah at (919) 259-5169.